Fred Bundle - 2 Pressure Fit Wooden Stairgates
Fred Bundle - 2 Pressure Fit Wooden Stairgates
For a limited time only we are offering 2 Fred Pressure Fit Wooden Stairgates at a reduced price.
Combining contemporary modern style with uncompromising levels of safety, Fred has created a range of gates that are unparalleled in their elegance and effectiveness. Made from the highest possible quality materials throughout, the sculpted Poplar wood taken from sustainable forests provides warm, elegantly finished protection in your home.
Details such as the glow strip to illuminate the bottom rail, the extra sure magnetic slam-shut locking system and the Accu-Fit™ indicators (that make installation easy and ensure that you always know that the gate remains set up correctly), give you the peace of mind that you need.
Pressure gates ALWAYS need to be fitted with wall cups, but with our Fred SecureHold™ adhesive, these can simply be fitted with adhesive against wood - though you’ll still need to use screws for fitting the wall cups to other surfaces.
- 77cm high so a young child won’t climb over
- Manual 2-way child-proof magnetic locking system
- Visual colour alert for when the gate is left unlocked
- Top quality, strong materials to withstand heavy impacts
- Bite-proof materials and lick-safe ﬁnishes throughout
- Meets safety standards - Complies or exceeeds the requirements of EN1930, the safety standard for safety barriers including stair gates as well all the relevant clauses of the toy standard EN71Series.
- Use just one hand for opening and closing
- Slam-shut auto-lock function to make closing even easier
- Gate can swing in either direction
- Optional 1-way swing setting
- Gate quickly removed (and replaced) when not required
Simple to fit
- Accu-Fit™ indicators show when the gate has been installed correctly
- Screws, ﬁttings and a magnetic spirit level to ensure the perfect ﬁt all included
- Designed to ﬁt walls with or without a standard size skirting board
- Fits openings 76-96cm wide using the two Gate Extensions included or up to 124cm wide by adding up to four additional ones
- Screw-ﬁt or adhesive wall cups for additional safety
- Beautifully carved Poplar wood, soft to the touch
- Glow-in-the-dark anti-trip Strip to illuminate the bottom rail
- Elegant, unobtrusive ﬁttings with ﬁnger-safe hinges
- Colour options available to blend with your home
When and where to use
If you have narrow spindles that you wish to fit this stairgate tosimply use our Y Spindle accessory.
In some situations, the opening that you are trying to protect makes it awkward to fit a stairgate. If this is the case in your home, take a look at our Stairpost or Wall and Skirting Fitting Kits which are designed to help.
Fred`s TipGet in the habit of closing the gate every time you pass through, even when your child is asleep. Ensure that visitors know to do the same.
Cheeky Rascals (Fred) is proud to be a founding member of the Global Alliance for Child Safety.Click here for more info
The aim of this alliance is to raise the level of child safety in the home through education and improved home safety products. Fred therefore follows a continuous improvement program with all of its products to ensure that parents can relax knowing that Fred products are the safest available.
The most recent improvement was to the Wooden Screw fit gates. Which? magazine found a way of fitting the gate incorrectly when the gate was at maximum extension – thus highlighting the potential for customer misuse. It is highly unlikely that a gate will be fitted incorrectly, but even if it is, our research shows that opening and closing the gate just 6 times makes it click down into the correct position. However, our team don’t like even the slightest possibility of our products being misused. It took us 3 weeks of repeated attempts to recreate the Which? findings and understand how the gate must have been assembled (only achieved by not following the instructions). We are proud to say that it then took less than a week to engineer a solution whereby the gate could NEVER be fitted incorrectly in this way and rework the stock making the gate safer than ever. We also checked the other Fred gates in the range. The different mechanisms meant that there was no risk that these gates could be fitted incorrectly.
Be the first to ask a question!
12 Month Returns Guarantee
We give you 12 months to return your order to us for a full refund. We’ve made it as easy as possible – just follow our simple 3-step returns process. The goods do need to have been looked after carefully, and returned unused, in the original packaging.